Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Magic of 100!


No other number has a similar ring attached to it as the number 100 has, neither 99 nor 101 nor for that matter any other number. There is some magic, some joy, some melody attached to the number 100 that makes it so very special. Be it securing 100% marks in any exam, be it scoring 100 runs in a Cricket match, be it some movie grossing 100 crores at box office or be it achieving 100% in any walk of life. There is a sense of pride, a sense of joy and a sense of accomplishment attached to any form of 100 clocked in life.

Achieving a 100 of any kind not only gives you a kick and immense happiness but it also makes you realize about your own capability and competency in that trade. It gives you a belief that you too are capable of doing something worthy in life, if not extraordinary. And this in turn gives you a strong reason to work much harder towards that trade, not only with an objective of not letting that slip through but also with an aim to maintain and possibly improve upon it, too.

This happens to be one such stage for me, as this is my 100th blog post or essay as some notoriously call it. Though, I have always cherished penning down my thoughts on anything and everything since my school days but this exciting blog journey started around 5 years back with the advent of the blogging culture. Exciting, as it not only provides you a platform to share your thoughts on various issues and topics but it also lets you know that how many of your friends/colleagues are actually reading your posts and what are their views on the those issues and more importantly their feedback on these blog posts. And seriously it can’t get any better! You get an instant feedback and that kind of instils you with lot of confidence and yields a chance to proactively do a course correction.

Some of my close friends and critics have often accused me of resorting to Bollywood, Sports (Cricket) and Politics as the key themes for my blog. And in all fairness that is true too, I follow these fields more religiously and hence the comfort level. Also, my interest and knowledge in some of the other fields like art, economics, fiction etc. is pretty limited, so naturally such a bias. Although, I have been trying my best to diversify across fields and refraining from focussing more towards the Tendulkars, Khans and Kejriwals of the world but then it’s not easy to stay away from the such spicier cordons.

Interestingly, every time I read any of my old blogs I feel embarrassed for the very fact that how badly it has been drafted and how well it could have been otherwise shaped up. No wonder that’s the reason I don’t like reading my own blogs, though there are a few of my old posts that I myself find not as bad tooJ. Nonetheless, this feeling of embarrassment hardly deters me from continuing this habit of blogging. In fact, with such a vibrant media, plethora of social networking options and a bevy of well-connected and intelligent friends, it becomes quite easy to choose a topic and share my thoughts on it. So a lot of credit about this special 100 goes to my friends and colleagues for constantly sharing their earnest feedback on my work either online or offline. I hope, I continue to clock many such 100’s, possibly much quicker and with a far better quality.

Till then it’s time to enjoy and celebrate this moment of special 100:)
--
kin..

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Kinshuk..numbers merely reflect your performance in a unidimensional way...what you have achieved by even writing one good blog ( not tht im sayin uve written just 1 good blog...there r many...) proves ur multi faceted thinking, your awareness n senstivity to various issues & most importantly your own unique way of expressing them. Congrats not only on getting a century of blogs..bt also on putting forth your perspective on various topics. (Spicier ones are always welcome n awaited... ;) . Kudos bhai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Machine...for reading n posting ur comments...means a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for 100 blogs.... A big achievement !!!
    It only reflects your passion for writing. Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Prachi...donno about achievement...but 100 gives a good ring:-D

      Delete
  4. M so proud..Waiting to see another ring there.. Hope to see it soon..
    1000 :-)

    ReplyDelete